The earthy mushrooms and acidic tomato make this dish the perfect paring for the lightly tannic, fruit forward Our Daily Cabernet Sauvignon.
- ingredient list
- goes here
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment, set aside
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium in a large skillet on stovetop.
- Sauté garlic and shallots until garlic begins to brown. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add spinach, cook until wilted and remove from heat.
- Place mushrooms stem side up on baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, blot any accumulated liquid from mushrooms and fill with tomato sauce.
- Form vegan cheese into 4 discs and coat in panko
- Place one cheese disc on each mushroom, and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
Enjoy with Our Daily Cabernet Sauvignon.